Any organization can register a dataset with a DOI. Below you may find all the necessary conditions for starting mining DOIs.
1. Make sure your organization meet the following conditions:
- Registered metadata set should have a URL
- The URL should be available on a long term basis
- The URL should be updated if the data changes
- The metadata should be available to all users without restrictions
The next step is to sign a contract with RADS. Any organization can cooperate with RADS, provided that its application has been confirmed by the RADS constituent assembly. A representative of an interested organization has to submit an application to RADS to sign a contract. The decision on the application shall be made within a week from the date of the application submission. If a positive decision is taken, the organization concerned have to pay the registration fee to the bank details provided by RADS.
3. The implementation of registration of datasets with DOIs
After signing the contract and paying the registration fee, RADS will create an account for your organization. From this point you can start mining DOIs for your datasets. All the datasets will be available from RADS repository.